Friday, February 24, 2012

GOT DIRT???

WE DO!!! 


Thanks to our heroes at the WISD Maintenance Department, who paid for the dirt and are currently dumping it into our raised beds as I write!  There are no words big enough to express the gratitude that we have for these gentlemen.  They have worked tirelessly to make our dream of an outdoor learning facility come true.  This week they put pea gravel in the bottom of each raised bed, installed the drip irrigation system, loaded in the dirt, and began work on the pavers.



I have thoroughly enjoyed the time that I've spent visiting with them about our plans and watching them bring our vision to life!  It is quite obvious that these guys take ownership and pride in this project, because they not only tolerate, but enjoy being photoed and video taped while doing their work.  When they see me coming with my trusty camcorder, they help me set up shots, perform, pose and even narrate at times!! 

So, if you see one of our stars from the WISD Maintenance Department, shake his hand and give him a big THANK YOU from the Whitt Wolves!!

Happy Gardening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment